Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week in Review

Sorry if that scared you, but with this particular child this photo sums up my week, all my weeks actually. It's not an overstatement to say that life with him is somewhat akin to living in a cartoon. Despite his general craziness he is also my sensitive and tender one. First to ask how you are feeling or snuggle up if you are a bit blue.
So this week I did some sewing, lots of cooking, laundry (my washer is finally and momentarily empty. Don't ask about the dryer or the hampers, I am feeling triumphant about the washer.) and dishes, found a child spraying Dermoplast out of the window (he thought it was bug spray), baked some bread and cookies, acquired a new nephew, fixed my neighbor's daughter's silky so she could sleep at night, finished a book, started reading By the Shores of Silver Lake to the kids, talked myself down from several freak-outs, had several freak-outs, found a child drinking granulated sugar from a glass, wiped a cute little nose a thousand times, bought the ugliest little shadow box at a thrift store (reinvented post coming up!), got lots of kisses, gave lots of kisses, saw a one of my favorite people (thanks for the clothes K.), met another friend's miracle baby, and had a picnic with the kids. That about sums it up. Intersperse that with lots of laughing, glaring, desperate prayers, relieved thanksgivings, and a fair amount of sleep and there you have it. Hope you had a busy and fun week!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Girl, I need a nap after reading your post. Can't wait to see the shadow box!