Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kitchen curtains

I love my kitchen curtains. Whenever I feel bored with the way a room looks or if it just feels dingy to me, changing the curtains is the first thing I do. Sometimes all it takes is washing and ironing them. My kitchen curtain, pictured above, is actually an extra long table runner. I picked it up at a thrift store and then it was too long for my table. After languishing in my linen closet for a month or so I had a lightbulb moment and made it into a curtain. It's kind of a stretch to say "made", all I had to do was open an inch of the hem on one side of the runner and slip the curtain rod into the hem using that as the casing. Several times a year I run it through the laundry and starch it really good, then hang them up again. You wouldn't believe the difference it make in the room.
Today we have a wonderful cool breeze so all our windows are open. It's 69 degrees at 10:00 in the morning! I am working on canning a 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes from our neighbor's garden and feeling pretty cute in a vintage gingham apron from Hubby's grandma. The kids are playing relatively peacefully in the back yard so I going to seize the day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

You are full of great ideas! A table runner turned curtain - genius!