Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lemon Fish with Cherry Tomatoes


I haven't posted too many main dishes due to my obsession with baked goods and desserts but this is a dish we enjoyed recently and I thought I'd share it with you. All my kids loved this except for the two year old, she still has some texture issues. Now, none of them liked the roasted tomatoes but I was happy to help them with that. Typically we eat tilapia since it isn't too fishy tasting but this was ocean perch and it was very mild tasting. There really isn't a recipe so just gather some fish, a lemon, butter, salt and pepper and a handful of cherry tomatoes.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Lay the fish out in a single layer and season with salt and a good dose of black pepper. Zest the lemon evenly over all the fish then squeeze the juice of the lemon over each fillet. All that is left is to dot each piece with a small pat of butter, scatter the tomatoes around the pan and slide it into the hot oven. It's hard to give a time for fish since it depends on how thick each fillet is but 10 to 15 minutes should do it. Check it after 10 minutes and see if it is white all the way through and flakes easily with a fork then it is done. Arrange all the fish on a platter and if by some coincidence you happen to have fresh parsley in the fridge like I did, snip some over the top for nice color. I hope you try this and enjoy it as much as we did.
A weird little thing about me is that I have a phobia of fish scales. It's not as much an aversion as a true phobia. My little brothers delight in talking about fish scales around me just to see me squirm and beg them to change the subject. Now your day is complete!

3 comments:

46sHalf said...

I also have a phobia of fish scales! I recently had some trout and had to scrape the fish off the scales. Tilapia was on my menu tonight too! I enjoyed it sprinkled with salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning and pan-cooked with a teaspoon of olive oil and some minced garlic. It is so fast and goes wonderfully with some herbed brown rice and green veggies!

Kristin said...

I don't like fish scales either. Ew.

Heather said...

Oh wow, I am honestly making this either tonight or tomorrow. This looks wonderful