Saturday, May 22, 2010

Swaddling Blankets

Last week I made these blankets for a friend, I had to wait until after her shower to post them. They are great! Each blanket is one and a quarter yard of flannel so they are square. Much bigger than standard receiving blankets, they are designed to swaddle the baby snuggly like the nurses at the hospital can magically do. On each blanket I appliqued three circles of the contrasting fabric for decoration. What I couldn't believe was how hard it is to find flannel for a boy, but I really like this combination. I'm thinking I need a set for my little one who hopefully will arrive by the Fourth of July. Of course, I'll need to make a boy set and a girl set, all the more fun!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love making small babay blankets, and how fun will it be for you to now make them for your little one

Elece Hollis said...

I like the colored rings on the bright blue. The ribbon and is that a cloth gift tag? What does it say? Did I tell you about the aprons I found at a garage sale?
love you, Mama