Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Practical Pantry

The Pantry Primer. This idea has been in the planning stages for several months and now seems the perfect time to start a series of posts on building, maintaining and cooking from a pantry. A pantry has always been a feature of my kitchen whether it has been a few cabinets or the small closet off my kitchen that I have in our current home. I've always canned food from our garden and many years that has been the extent of my pantry. In the past few years I have been employing a strategy, a loose one but a strategy none the less, to build up and maintain a significant food storage pantry. Over the next few weeks I'll write about why our family is building up a pantry, how we are doing it and what we are doing with the food now that it's in there. Also, I want to show how you can have a pantry even if you have limited space. Join me and see if you want to have a pantry of your own. I think you will!

4 comments:

Justinand said...

I'm so excited!! Can't wait for the posts! You inspire me!

Susan said...

I am so interested to see where you go with this series of posts, Audra! Also what you consider a well-stocked pantry and tips onh how to manage the contents ...

As for the paint color on my living room wall ... I wish I could tell you. Silent Bob does say that the paint was a Behr semi-gloss and I remember that is was in the really light yellow to almost white palette. Gosh, I hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this series : )

Amber said...

We have to stock our pantry because our family consumes a lot of food. One issue I run into is economical storage containers that I can get in and out of for dry goods. I hope you have ideas.