Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day


I love Veteran's Day. For many years now I have called my grandfathers and my grandfather-in-law to thank them for what they did for me and our country when they were young men. This year I will call my grandfather in Michigan to thank him. I'll think of my paternal grandfather and the stories he told about seeing Paris at it's height of destruction after WWII. I'll also think about my husband's grandfather and all the stories he never told a soul about his four years of service in Europe during WWII. Then I'll call my little brother to thank him for serving two long deployments as a Marine in Iraq. Great courage is what it took to do their jobs to protect our country and years of great courage to come home and pick up their lives and carry on. Thank you!

1 comment:

semichi00 said...

Audra, this has to be my favorite entries on your blog. Thank you for what you wrote. It left me with tears and proud memories. God bless all our Troops! Love you sweetie,
your mother-in-law.