Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Few Things I Forgot

It might seem strange to have forgotten these things since we were in this same place almost a year and a half ago with Baby Boy but there are a few thing I forgot. Such as how tiny and funny newborn feet are. They curve around and fold up to their little legs. But only for a few days then that phase is gone. I had forgotten how impossibly tiny baby toenails are, you can barely see them!

I had forgotten how much I love scrawny newborn legs, little chicken legs with wrinkly knees. Soon there will be rolls and dimples on those knees but right now they are knobby and unbelievably cute.

Also, I didn't remember how much I love looking at her sleeping positions and identifying what parts were sticking out where when she lived in my belly. It was her right knee sticking out all the time, just as I thought. And it was her heels that would track back and forth under my ribs. She sleeps just as she has for the past months, old habits are hard to break I guess.
Another thing that I didn't forget but still surprises me every time is how much you can love a person you just saw for the first time. After all that waiting and preparing, I already knew her even the first minute I laid eyes on her. Thank you God for miracles!


4 comments:

Green Acres in the City said...

So beautiful and true Audra. I can't believe my Henry is 17mos already. Thanks for sharing the picks and taking me back...

The WoodLand School said...

Such lovely photos, Audra!

The Rogers said...

Oh how I miss you so!! I can't believe that I am gone and don't get to hold Miss Madison at all. Really missing you guys. I spy on my new neighbors but it's not as fun withpout you to call and chat about them.

kelli said...

hello! thank you for your kind comment -I followed it here and absolutely fell in love with these baby toes pictures. Beautiful! Congrats on your newest little one!