Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Accidental Spinach Salad

Today my lunch was the result of an unprecedented event, leftover cheese grits. In an odd turn of fate, there were leftover cheese grits the other morning and after a few days in the fridge, I had a firm disc of grits, or polenta as it is fashionably called now, that I could slice and fry in a bit of olive oil in a hot skillet. The results were good enough to warrant making a batch of grits in the future just to fry. I layered it over some fresh spinach and topped that with some sauteed mushrooms and havarti cheese (my vice this week) and then enjoyed the whole divine concoction for my lunch. Not a recipe really but consider it encouragement. Look at what is lurking in your fridge and be creative in combining it into something original that could just become a new favorite. If you've got, use it!

1 comment:

Green Acres in the City said...

Sounds wonderful. I love lurking around the fridge and being creative!